Not a BFZ community? Learn about the Built for Zero movement to end homelessness
Resources to Increase Data LiteracyOctober 16, 2020
Bring your improvement team up to speed on understanding BNL data
The Built for Zero team believe data analysis is a fundamental competency for improvement teams. Understanding by-name list data helps teams identify opportunities for improvement, track progress, and better understand their system. The good news is you don’t need a PhD (or even be good at math!) to develop this capacity. Check out these resources to start your learning journey.
Tableau: Data Literacy for All
Free, self-paced, online course
Data Literacy for All fills common knowledge gaps and ‘learning pain points’ to allow anyone to begin and continue their data journey.
The Data Literacy for All program includes the following courses:
- Introduction to Data Literacy
- Recognizing Well-Structured Data
- Exploring Variables and Field Types
- Exploring Aggregation and Granularity
- Understanding Distributions
- Understanding Variation for Wise Comparisons
- Using Correlation and Regression to Examine Relationships